Writing fanfiction and don't have the technobabble to back yourself up? Stuck on understanding a concept and would like the opinions of people rather than a website? Heard something interesting or new in the scientific community and want to let people know about it? Then this is the place for you.
1. All posts must be science-related. That means they need to ask a question or provide a link and opinion about concepts relevant to the scientific community.
2. Discussion is welcome. That means, if you're going to make a statement or provide a link, back it up. Opinion is okay; facts are better.
3. Questions are tagged to their associated field. Check the community tags to see if your question has already been asked and answered.
4. If your post is long or includes a picture, put it behind an LJ-cut.
5. This community is 'spoiler-free', thus questions that relate to a specific episode/movie/book need to be behind an LJ-cut.
6. This community allows anyone to post and is moderated with a light hand. Unless you're deliberately stirring up trouble, whatever you say is fine.